Thursday, February 3, 2011

Ole' - Friendships are good for your health!




Hola Amigos!

My husband and I just got back from a week in Manzanillo, Mexico with our dear friends as you can see from the pictures. There was lots of food, cervezas, laughter and relaxation.

Did you know that friendships not only enrich your life but can improve your health as well? Even when life is so hectic, it is important to make time for friends.

Some healthy benefits of friendships include:

Sharing the good times with others
Increase in happiness and self-worth
Increase a sense of belonging
Reduce stress and risk of mental illness
Help in getting through life's traumatic events

The older I get, the more selective I am in which friends I spend my time with. As Joel Osteen says, "Some people you have to love from a distance." Are your friends building you up or tearing you down? Don't spend time with people who do not make you a better person! Can't wait for the next trip - any suggestions?

Hasta luego...

No comments:

Post a Comment