The Benefits of "Cinch Energy Tea Mix"
by Martha Wilmore, Nutritionist
The FDA prohibits Shaklee from making medicinal claims regarding this incredibly valuable product, but if you do your research, you will discover a tea that you will want to drink everyday due to its long list of benefits.
Ingredients of Cinch Energy Tea Mix:
- Taurine - an amino acid
- Maltodextrin - a polysaccharide produced from corn starch
- Rooibos Red Tea Extract - native plant/herb found in South Africa...known as "The Miracle Tea" or "Long Life Tea"
- Green Tea Extract - anti-oxidant blend
- Natural Flavors
- White Tea Extract - the least processed form of tea
- Matcha Green Tea Powder - Japan's highest grade of green tea (the greener than green superfood"
Shaklee refers to it as "Liquid Oomph" which contains exotic white, red and Matcha green teas that make an extraordinary drink. It is a safe, natural, healthy and effective alternative for boosting energy. Only 5 calories per serving and it is great in hot or iced water.
Red, white, green & Matcha teas are ranked as leading health-giving substances in traditional Chinese medicine. They have been known for centuries to have many positive properties: anti-microbial, immuno-stimulatory, anti-carcinogenic, anti-inflammatory, detoxifiers, protective against cardiovascular disease, energy & fat loss stimulators.
As you will see below, there are some incredible health benefits in each tea stick...carry them in your purse, pocket or brief case. You won't want to be without them!
Taurine (an amino acid)
- provides detoxifying properties
- provides antioxidant properties and guards cellular tissue against toxic substances
- causes fat solubilization
- increases the production of bile in the liver (helps keep bile in a liquid state and is less likely to form gallstones)
- critical for brain development - is used to treat anxiety, hyperactivity, poor brain function and seizures
- critical for eye health...a deficiency causes retinal degeneration...adequate amounts of taurine reduce the risk for macular degeneration
- stabilizes cell membranes in electrically active tissues such as the brain and heart. In the heart it strengthens the heart muscle and helps stabilize arrhythmias by keeping potassium and magnesium inside the cells and keeping excess sodium out.
- helps regulate blood pressure and reduces serum cholesterol levels
- acts like a diuretic, without the side effects of pharmaceutical diuretics
- reduces symptoms of Type I or insulin-dependent diabetes by strengthening the beta cells in the pancreas
- helps people with cystic fibrosis to digest fats
- provides respiratory protection and is useful in the treatment of Asthma
Rooibos Red Tea (roy-boss) - reduces aging of the skin, muscles, internal organs and brain
- has 50x the anti-oxidant properties of green tea
- naturally high in Super Oxide Dismutase (SOD), an outstanding antioxidant and a prime preventative of free radical damage
- beneficial in treating insomnia, irritability, headaches, cataracts, nervous tension & hypertension
- contains alphy-hydroxy (for healthy skin)...is very useful in treating irritated skin
- contains anti-oxidants that protect against free radical damage that can lead to cancer, heart attack and stroke (slows aging process & boosts immune system)
- contains a smorgasbord of minerals
Green Tea - protect health & delays aging
- 2 cups of green tea are approx. twice the antioxidants of red wine, 7x that of orange juice and 20x that of apple juice
- contains ingredients that cause body fat reduction (aids in weight loss)
- increases the metabolism
- alkalizes the body and intestinal tract (therefore, helps reduce candida). Improves conditions of intestines by blocking growth of bad bacteria and enhancing good bacteria like bifidus.
- epidemiological reports show it reduces the risk of several cancers
- protects the cardiovascular system, brain and the kidneys
- helps lower blood sugar in diabetics
- promotes oral health & hygiene
- reduces high blood sugar
- a cup of green tea contains about 15-30 mg. of caffeine, but because green tea also contains theanine (a calming amino acid) it counteracts effects of caffeine
- aids in detoxification of heavy metals (lead, mercury, cadmium, etc.)
- active ingredients include polyphenols, catechins, theanine, saponins & flavonoids
- the least processed form of tea...made from buds and young leaves
- has more anti-mutagenic (anti-cancer) activity than green tea (highly recommended to reduce the risk of colon cancer)
- contains high concentrations of catechins including EGCG
Matcha Green Tea Powder
- Matcha contains 10-200 times the antioxidant levels of normal green tea
- contains 9x the beta carotene of spinach and 4x the beta carotene of carrots
- boosts energy levels without the crazy over-stimulating effects of coffee (also gentle of tummy and gastrointestinal system)
- boosts metabolic rate by 35-40%, therefore increases weight loss
- energizes detoxification of the liver, the entire body, including the brain
Here's to Cinch Energy Tea - "LIFT UP AN UPLIFTING CUP!!!"